(This position offers flexible hours)
The SEO Manager is responsible for the day-to-day responsibilities of managing LegalMatch's search engine optimization for multiple web properties that contain hundreds of thousands of content pages. We approach SEO from a conversions to leads perspective, so we are looking for someone with a strong conversions / performance driven orientation.
You will be the primary lead for SEO and work day-to-day with the Head of Marketing, a remote SEO team, a remote website development team, Marketing Analysts and the Content Marketing team to optimize existing content, direct new content development, and drive off-page back-linking initiatives.
Manage and execute implementation of SEO current strategies, monitor KPIs and goal funnels.
Ongoing communication with the Head of Marketing on strategy and project development, timelines, and results.
Help devise new strategies and tactics in collaboration with the SEO team and other marketing team members - you'll refine/define requirements, tasks, and resources associated with new SEO strategies.
Stay abreast of internet marketing, search engine algorithm updates, and social media trends as well as regularly survey legal industry changes and development.
- Daily check-ins on important KPIs from various reporting platforms, both internal and external (Google Analytics, GWT, RankRanger, SEMRush, Majestic, MOZ, etc.).
- Regular monitoring of GWT (Search Console) accounts across multiple properties and views and initiating action for uncovered issues and discover new opportunities.
- Daily interaction with Google Analytics reports in order to develop, recommend and/or enhance SEO strategies and channel performance.
- Utilize the full SEO toolset at your disposal for daily, weekly and monthly administration.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings using in-house and third party tracking tools.
- Produce SEO analysis and recommendations pertaining to elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Routinely checking and maintaining on-page optimization for targeted keywords and page groups.
- Manage and refine internal linking strategies.
- Research link and relationship building opportunities.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns.
- Perform keyword research to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Assist the content team with advanced keyword research and review.
- Provide recommendations, execute and manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals - general and keyword specific.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Five years SEO experience.preferred
- Proven track record in natural search engine marketing.
- Strong understanding of SEO tools and techniques.
- Experience managing SEO for an eCommerce or lead generation company deploying SEO efforts across thousands of pages of content.
- Thorough understanding of website analytics.
- Able to work independently but also work well in a team setting, comfortable managing several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to turn business requirements into deliverables.
- Proficient in MS Office - ability to execute Excel Pivot tables to gain a deeper understanding of multiple data sets a plus.
- Must have basic HTML skills.
- Experience using a CMS system.
- Results-driven, organized, and very self-directed.